Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Dear Readers...I haven't forgotten you!

I spend so much time in this blog giving writing tips that I think readers might think I've forgotten them. Exactly the opposite. I love helping writers get published and/or improve their craft because I'm also a reader. So when I help writers, I'm helping all of us who love to read! LOL!!!!
Lately, I've been bouncing back and forth between paranormals and Jill Shalvis. So this week, I bought a romantic suspense. Just for a change of pace.

But it's also the season for holiday books and movies. My son, who is a huge lover of holiday movies, has already begun taping and watching them. Home Alone started it. My husband and I can be sitting downstairs watching TV (with the volume up) and we'll hear him howling with laughter over that movie.

But we love that. Christmas is a season of hope and joy. And I think laughter's a part of that. In fact, I'm a big fan of laughing. I love to find humor in simple things and I just like to laugh. Not to stress.

So this holiday season, when things are getting stressful...maybe when you're shopping or trying to find a parking space in a crowded mall...find something to laugh about. Ask God to bless the person who sneaks into your parking space or in front of you in the checkout line. Don't let an insensitive lout spoil your joy! We all deserve joy. Keep yours! LOL

For the writers among us, scroll down...there are lots of how to write blogs.

And for my readers...Merry Christmas. Post a comment (a seasons greeting) in my November 24 blog and be entered to win a $25 Amazon gift card!

If it strikes your fancy, buy a copy of my Christmas book KISSES ON HER CHRISTMAS LIST. That's definitely one of those laughing through your tears book. Finley, the hero's daughter isn't one of the kids on Santa's "nice" list. In fact, she doesn't believe in Santa or Christmas because her mom left on Christmas day and she hasn't seen her since. The heroine has a big job ahead of her getting Finley to believe again...what she doesn't expect is that in the process she'll fall in love with Finley's dad, the one man she can't have.

Happy Reading!

susan meier

No comments: