Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Dear Readers -- Tuesday Afternoon Movie

Today I'm going to talk a bit about going to the movies...if you're a writer looking for the post on conflicts...scroll down.

For the rest of us just looking to chat...Let's talk movies.


When the weather turned and my DH and I couldn't play golf anymore, we decided we'd go to the movies once a week. It took a few weeks before we found a day that suited us both, considering he's visiting his parents, I go to hospice on Wednesdays and once a week I play Yatzee with my son and mom. But eventually we settled on Tuesday.


At first we sort of agreed on the movies, but after a while we just couldn't avoid the fact that I like certain things and he likes others. So now one week I pick the movie; the next week he picks.


I made it through CONTRABAND okay. Even if the movie hadn't been good, Mark Walburg is fun to look at. He didn't quite fare as well through EXTREMELY LOUD AND INCREDIBLY CLOSE. In fact, neither did I. Even though I'd chosen it, I thought the kid in the movie was annoying and Sandra Bullock's part should have been bigger.


I know a few hundred thousand...maybe even a million people will disagree on that one! LOL At its heart ELandIClose was a great story. I just thought it could have been told a little better.


Today we went to see MAN ON THE LEDGE. A fairly good movie. My DH loved it. I got a bit antsy. Not because the movie wasn't good or entertaining, but because it was one of those movies were everything was at risk every second of the movie.


The writers really did their jobs...but I ended up a nervous wreck. Thought I'd need a shot and a beer afterward!


Next week, it's my turn to pick and we'll be seeing ONE FOR THE MONEY. I don't care if it's bad or good, I KNOW this one will be entertaining.


I don't always want to sit on the edge of my seat. Sometimes I want to laugh. Sometimes I want to cry. Sometimes I want to think.


Luckily, every other week I get to pick the movie!


susan

No comments: