Thursday, March 28, 2013

Rita Finalist!

This Tuesday I got the call that THE TYCOON'S SECRET DAUGHTER was a finalist in the short contemporary category for the 2013 RITA.

I can't even tell you how exciting this is for me...especially since I almost didn't enter this book into the Rita contest.

So when the call came I burst into tears. I'm sure the RWA board member who called me thinks I'm insane. But this book was very special to me in that it dealt with a very difficult, very real subject: Alcoholism.

I didn't want to treat it lightly or dismiss the pain of those dealing with the alcoholism of a loved one. So I worked really hard. And it's amazing to have the book get this kind of recognition.

So I thank everyone who read and liked this book...from the bottom of my heart.

susan

No comments: