Friday, September 21, 2007

Princess Diary Friday September 21

Is it really Friday again? And am I really incapable of remembering to blog about goals?



I should be capable. I love goals. LOL. But it's been an unusually busy month.



Princess Tip of the Week: Suck in your tummy.



Years ago, when I was much younger, my sister Helen and I were once getting dressed and I was whining about being fat. (Fat being a relative term when you're a teenager...LOL) Anyway, she said, "The easiest way to look thinner is to suck in your stomach." And I said, "Well, duh."



She said, "No. I don't mean when you're going out. I mean a couple of times a day. Train the muscles to be where they are supposed to be."



So standing in line at the grocery store, at the copy machine at work...even in church...I remember her advice and I pull in my stomach, envisioning the muscles "returning to their appropriate place" as if I'm instructing them where to stand. LOL.



If you do this several times a day, it will become a habit and before you know it, you really will have a flatter tummy. (Or you'll grow so accustomed to holding it in place that everybody will think you do.)



Something Special for the Weekend?



We'll be having cake for my nephew Jack's birthday...I'll be sucking in my tummy later. And I'm finishing a really wonderful book. Marilyn Pappano's Silhouette Romantic Suspense ONE STORMY NIGHT. I began reading it and had to set it down because of work I had to do and I can't wait to read the ending!



What's on the nightstand?



This week my cat spent a lot of time on my nightstand watching me sleep. LOL. I'm driving my son to work at five-thirty every morning so I'm in bed early. But I've discovered I don't need to be awake to amuse her. She sits on the nightstand, her fuzzy black head tilted to the right, gazing at me adoringly.



Or maybe she just likes the sound of snoring?

No comments: