Thursday, September 9, 2010

Heading for Vegas!

My friends, Deb Mullins and Jenna Kernan and I are headed for Vegas tomorrow. I'll set out today so I can spend the night at my son's because my flight is early. But this time tomorrow I'll be over a southwestern state, headed for paradise.

Unfortunately, this isn't just a pleasure trip. Though we do intend to hit a slot machine and laze around the pool, we're actually going for "plot group".

I've never belonged to a plot group before. Usually I run my ideas by my friend Denise and my editor only. This is a system that worked for many books, so why mess with perfection?

Well, I'm going to dip my toe in single titles. I got a fantastic idea for a series and every time I get it to a certain point my knees start to knock. It's uncharted territory for me.

So I'm joining forces with my friends to brainstorm ideas, probably solidify the characters and plot, and hopefully add single title writer to my resume!

Wish us luck.

And hope we have some fun too. I've got $40 just burning a hole in my pocket, begging for a slot machine!

susan

No comments: