Thursday, September 16, 2010

Slow week

We had a great trip to Vegas, managing to get some fun in between the work. I only lost $80. And I had some fantastic food in some great buffets. The Golden Nugget is a great hotel. 2 Starbucks! All the slot machines you can play. And a hop, skip and a jump away from Freemont Street Experience which is unbelievable!

But this has been an odd week. Not only did I write a blog promoting the Christmas 2-for-1 I have coming out in November with the delightful Barbara Wallace, but also it's cold.

Waiting for a response from my editor so I can get rolling on my new book, I decided to go grocery shopping. I drove to my favorite store and began loading up the cart, but before I knew it I was gathering Thanksgiving foods! I bought my cranberry sause and sweet potatoes! Extra Miracle Whip for macaroni salad. And frozen bread for pizza roll appetizers. Not to mention cherry pie filling! OY!

As I was checking out I asked myself what the heck am I doing? What month is it anyway? LOL!!! Imagine my chagrin when I realized it was only September. :P

All this breezy, wet weather also makes me wish I was about to start a Christmas book.

But, though it's not a Christmas book that I'm about to write, it is a fun book. The last book in a series of books about three brothers. I love to do series because I feel like I really get to know the characters, but the last book is always sad, like saying goodbye to friends.

So here's hoping I hear from my editor tomorrow, stay out of grocery stores, and get on with my work!

Till next week
susan

No comments: