Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there! It's always such a wonderful day! My husband took me and his mother (and his dad and our son) to dinner at Red Lobster and the shrimp was divine! My two sons got me flowers. My daughter...a true girl!...got me a gift certificate for a pedicure! Sandals, here I come!

Thursday, I'll be on my way to the Pennwriters Conference! That's always exciting. But this year it's especially exciting because we're still playing a breath-taking game of will the conference clothes fit! LOL One of the things no one warns you about when you say "I want to be a writer" is that you'll gain weight! I suppose that little oddity is to balance out all the writer perks, like working at home, working at your own pace, no boss, not having to drive in snow.

But had I known sooner that weight gain was a byproduct of working from home, I would have joined a gym!

I've got my handouts for the two workshops ready to take to Staples to be copied. My cat is already sleeping on my suitcase because she saw me packing non-essentials over the weekend. So we're close!

But whether or not I have to make a trip to JCPenney to buy a suit that fits (lol) I'm still excited. Esi from Avon will be there, along with Lucienne Diver of the Knight Agency. Esi is my friend Deb's editor. Lucienne is her agent. So I know them both and it's always a treat to get to spend time with them!

But before I can go, I have to get some work done on the book due June 1 and a proposal or two.

The countdown also begins for promotion on MAID IN MONTANA. So it's going to be a busy week.

Hope to see some of you at the conference!

susan

No comments: