Monday, September 20, 2010

Can I do it?

I was lucky enough to get the opportunity to write a 3-book mini series for Harlequin Romance next year. The books are incredibly emotional, but also sort of funny.

Books 1 and 2 are in, but book 3 needs to be in by October 31. Six weeks. That's actually my normal turnaround time.

But I decided to challenge myself and see if I can get it done in a month. I wrote a great synopsis, revised it according to my editor's comments and broke it down into chapters.

So can I do it? Can I do a book in a month.

I guess we'll see!

In other good news my friend Barbara Wallace and I will be the guests of the Border's blog on Thanksgiving! That's easy enough to remember.

Barb talks a bit about being a first time author, but we're looking for great Christmas Miracle stories to get us all in the mood to enjoy the holiday season.

I don't know about you all, but my family bakes and paints sugar cookies for my mom's Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving. There's shopping to be done. A cookie exchange and this year my son has suggested we sponsor a family.

So Christmas starts on Thanksgiving for me. If you're free or even find yourself with a few minutes on your hands on Thanksgiving, join Barbara and me.

Oh...by the way...we're giving away four books!

I'll post a reminder about a week before!

Until then, wish me luck on my book-in-a-month adventure!

susan

1 comment:

Denise said...

Keep sticking to the synopsis!!