Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Day at Idlewild

I'm late with my blog again this week, but this week I have a very good reason. Yesterday, I went to Idlewild Park with my sister, her husband and their four kids, my niece and her two kids, and my nephew David.

We had a blast. This is the first year Lainie (who is a little over a year) could ride the rides and she was filled with joy and happiness. She didn't even fuss when she was too small to ride certain rides that her brothers and sister and cousins could ride. She would laugh and point at them, clap her hands and wave to them, making their fun her fun.

I couldn't helping thinking that it's too bad that we lose that childish enthusiasm. Wouldn't the world be a fun place if we all learned to enjoy each other's successes and achievements as much as we enjoy our own!

Tomorrow is breakfast at my sister Helen's. We're bringing out the Bonzi water slide. It will be another morning of fun for the kids and a hoot for us who watch them!

For those of you who are counting, this is my fourth day of not working! I turned in back to back to back books and I honestly think my brain needs a rest! I'm waiting for the muse or my editor to send me back to work. I'm guessing the editor will arrive before the muse does. LOL

No comments: