Sunday, December 12, 2010

Is Twitter the New Crack?

This morning I noticed a very disturbing practice in my behavior. Even before I put on coffee, I turned on my computer, got online and zoomed over to Twitter.

Why? Because it's the first place I get news that interests me. Oh sure, I could turn on CNN but then I'd hear things that are interesting and important, but would I hear what everybody had for supper last night? What everybody's reading? Who's moving? Who's done Christmas shopping? Whose cat did something funny?

There's something about those 140 character missives that intrigues me...or hits me where I live. I think every time I read the list of accumulated posts, I discover that I'm pretty much like everybody else who's tweeting. Which makes me feel sane.

And this world, seriously, how many opportunities do we get to feel sane?

So I'm happy to hear about Stinky Boy, the kidlets of the writers in Australia, the groans of women forcing themselves onto the treadmill, the shudders of those who have to brave the mall...

Makes me feel sane!

susan

No comments: