Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Goals

Goal Setting

Can you believe it's already September? I can't. Seriously, I've had a heck of a year and I didn't get as much accomplished as I wanted to. I had a good excuse. Maybe I should have said I had a legitimate/real reason. My son who has suffered from a seizure disorder his entire life faced the possibility of brain surgery. Several months and tests later, we discovered he wasn't a candidate. But lots of good came of the months we spent. His meds were changed and he is much healthier and happier.

Still, valid reason or not, I'm now behind. I can't write three books before December 31. LOL. So my best alternative is to create some really good goals for next year and get myself back on track. And that's what I'll be blogging about for the month of September: goal setting.

SIDEBAR: The material in this article is all found in a goal setting workshop which I will be giving at a writer's loop called Motivated Writer. You can find out how to subscribe to this loop at earthlycharms.com. Subscription to the loop is free and though the workshop is being given on a writer's loop, the information pertains to all goals. So if you're interested in making next year one of your best, stop by Su Kopil's site...earthlycharms.com.

Okay, back to the blog...

September may seem like a weird time to be discussing goals. Everybody wants to set new goals for the "first of the year" but I think September is the perfect time. First, there's more to goal setting than just listing a bunch of things you want to get done. Second, taking extra time to really think about what you want to accomplish may net some surprising results. Third, once you figure out what you want, you should have several weeks to gear up to get started on whatever it is you need to do to accomplish your goals.

So...for today...I want you to begin thinking about what you'd like to see yourself accomplish next year. 2008. Do you want to lose weight? Write a book? Write several books? Increase your income? Go to more concerts? Spend more time with your kids

What do you want your life to be about?

susan

No comments: