Friday, September 7, 2007

Princess Diary! Friday Special!

The Princess Diary

Every Friday we're going to take a time out from our quest for perfection in our careers and problem solving and indulge. Take a little time for ourselves!

Deep down inside every woman lives a princess...no matter how old that woman is. So I've decided to dedicate one day a week to coaxing out our inner princess! One tip at a time!
My daughter works at a spa. My sister is a beautician. And there are hundreds of great books and websites out there to not only help us look like the princess we know we are, but also feel like a princess.

Tip: Shall we start with something easy? This tip is about as simple as it gets. Once a month, I grab a basin, fill it about half way with warm water and dump in a cup of peroxide and a cup of Epsom salts and create my own spa!

I soak my feet in that for twenty minutes, then buff them with a foot brush or stone, push back the softened cuticles on my toenails, remove old toe nail polish and repaint those nails.

Now, this sounds like a pedicure...LOL...and in some respects it is. But the combination of Epsom salts and peroxide also help get rid of dead skin on your heels and the bottoms of your feet. Even better, this dynamic duo kills under-the-toenail and between-the-toe germs, which wards off all kinds of problems that can sometimes stop you from buying the glass slippers or pretty sandals you found on sale.

And -- by the way -- now now is the time to buy your sandals, Princess! Most will be on sale. So pretty up your feet, go to your favorite shoe store and stock up for next year. Because even though most of us want to dress like our inner princess, we have the budget of a waif. Shop now for next year's killer sandals and get them for the price of a glass of ale!

Something special for the weekend? After working like a serf all week, every princess needs at least one indulgence. My husband is still on vacation, so this weekend we’re planning a trip to the drive-in. Not only is it a way to see two movies for the price of one, but it's a treat that goes away in the winter. If there's a drive-in near you, one that hasn’t closed for the summer...Indulge!

What's on the bedside table? Body lotion. I'm not the kind of person who wears cologne, but I'm always slathering on cream to ward off wrinkles and keep my skin soft and smooth. Lotions have come a long way in the past decade or so. I've even got a lotion that smells like a margarita! My point here is that the first thing I see when I sit on my bed is my lotion. It's like one final chance to make sure I stay soft! And make myself smell enticing to my Prince Charming.

susan

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan!

I've just found your blog and love your ideas for pampering my feet. I always tend to neglect them - and then regret it when summer rolls around. I can't wait to check out the rest of your website!

tammy

Susan said...

Our poor feet get ignored so often! Which is sad because it's so easy to pamper them.

Your sandals will thank you.

s

Kate Davies said...

How wonderful! My poor tootsies sure needed something like this. I may have to carve out some time this weekend to pamper them!